Monday, October 26, 2015

Taiwan Day 4 - Eating & Shopping at Yongkang St., Zhongxiao Dunhua and Taipei 101

4th day in Taiwan! The days in Taiwan seem a little draggy now because we were quite tired from all the walking and roaming around Taiwan on the previous days but it's ok! That's what we were here for anyway!

OOTD includes striped dress from Zara and denim jacket from H&M.

Shopping day is finally here! Our main shopping venue is at Yongkang Street, which is easily accessible via the MRT at Dongmen Station.

Walk out towards Yongkang Street exit and this is what you'll see:

Noticed Taipei 101 in the distant?

There's the Din Tai Fung restaurant a few shops away from this exit, on the right.
Can't really see in the photo above as it's blocked by the tree with the 4F sign.
So if you're a BIG fan of DTF like yours truly, do take note!

For breakfast, we went to 永康牛肉麵 which is a block away upon turning 2 rights from the exit.
I think the shop is literally called Yongkang Beef Noodles.
We had the spicy and non-spicy beef noodles plus the sweet potato rice (I think).


The beef was delish! I only tried the non-spicy one because I don't want to mess with my boss (my tummy rules my mind).

Walking out from the beef noodles shop, you'll see this "CNN recommended" Taipei food, which is this flaky scallion pancakes. Not very nice according to my friends. Haha.


Looks pretty much like roti telur minus the tossing.

Cross the road and you'll find a dessert shop called 18degree.
I'm not a snack nor dessert person so I can't comment much on the taste except that this shop has pretty nice surroundings!





Us outside the shop.

Actually we were expecting Yongkang street to have more shopping but too bad, we didn't manage to find that side of the street.
Part of the day's itinerary was also to do cafe hopping so our first cafe (after a disappointing search of the shopping street) was at Eating Time.


Really nice interior (only on the side of the cafe facing the street unfortunately)!

This is how the entire cafe looks like. Inside is pretty dimmed.


Before leaving YK Street, I just had to do this!

Left with disappointment, we headed to another shopping district which is Zhongxiao Dunhua (ZXDH) in hopes of finding more places to shop.
ZXDH can be reached via MRT line as well with the stop having the same exact name.

They have lots of big brands at ZXDH including Zara, Forever 21, Mango, Uniqlo and GU.
Other than that, there were also lots of individual boutiques once you cross the road to the opposite side of the station.






The range of clothes there is priced from RM100 and above.
I'm not the kind who will shop at boutiques because I think the style is a little too extravagant for me.
I prefer those which are plain, simple yet elegant like those in Zara. :P

Guess who shopped the most on that day:


Not me, of course! Haha! Both of them win equally I would think.

Oh and we had dinner at DTF at YK Street because I really can't leave Taipei without having their DTF, can I??!
After that, we went to Taipei 101 and found out that the shopping centre below is so very posh, just like Pavilion in KL.

The good thing is, we stumbled upon Agnes B. cafe which was subconsciously in my to-go cafe list and rested there for a bit before continuing to walk around.









After walking about at Taipei 101 shopping centre, we walked to the opposite of the street so that we can see clearly of the tower and realized that there was another shopping mall called Att 4 Fun!
This shopping mall is like the Midvalley we have in KL. Haha.





One with Taipei 101!
That's all for Day 4! 
To recap, Day 4 itinerary was:
Yongkang Street --> Zhongxiao Dunhua --> Taipei 101
We left Taipei on Day 5 to Sun Moon Lake!
xoxo,

No comments:

My Traveled Map

You will also like these posts!