Sunday, August 16, 2015

Mews Cafe at Muntri Street, Penang


Oh yes finally managed to squeeze in some time for a short blog post.
So I went back to Penang last weekend since it was my mom's birthday weekend and I thought it would be nice to be able to spend some time with her and dad.
But I'll leave the post on her birthday dinner for some other time. :P

Anyway, every single time I go back, I will always make it a point to visit the new places I might have missed out over the few months when I'm in KL.
This trip, I found out about Muntri Mews Cafe (mainly because of its al-fresco dining) and I initially decided to have my mom's birthday dinner there.
But due to the really bad weather in Penang, all their guests had to be seated in the restaurant and the staff could not guarantee me a table for dinner.

Still not satisfied, I went to have lunch with mom the next day haha.
The cafe wasn't difficult to spot with Waze (yes, sadly I'm beginning to get lost even in my own hometown) and it was quite empty when we were there around 1pm.


Ordered a cuppa latte to kick start the day! Loved their mug!

Mom thinks that the flower on the table was worth a capture too. Haha.

At first glance, the cafe is pretty dimmed even during the broad daylight and the staff weren't the friendliest.
But one plus point to them is the antique-looking wooden furnitures in the cafe! Reminded me a lot of the time I spent in the coffee shop with my grandma when I was just a little kid. :)


Love the old wooden furnitures.

The food menu wasn't very elaborated, only a handful of local food which are exorbitantly priced unfortunately.
They serve mainly local cuisines so if you're local, you'll probably won't like paying that kind of price...
We ordered the beef rendang with nasi kunyit while mom had the vegetarian kerabu meehoon.


Beef rendang with nasi kunyit.

Vegetarian kerabu meehoon.

I thought the beef rendang was not bad actually while mom also quite liked the meehoon!
But we don't think the food was worth price tags though.

Great weather outside and as Penangites, we had to make full use of the money paid so we took a few shots outside the cafe! Hehe.
Oh yes, we didn't dine outside as mom preferred to be inside with air-cond. Hot la.










That's all for now! I think the cafe's worth a one-time visit. Don't plan to go back there anytime soon!



xoxo,

clconquers


No comments:

My Traveled Map

You will also like these posts!