Monday, August 31, 2015

Happy "Independence" Day?

Today, the country I was born in 28 years ago is supposed to achieve its 58th years of "Independence".

However, the word "Independent" has slowly losing its meaning to a lot of my countrymen because of all the corrupted politicians we have in the country and it made us wonder if we have ever truly being Independent after so many years.

We have billions of donation that appeared in the PM's account, we have top people in the country like the A-G being sacked after the donation issues, murder cases related to top politicians yet the criminals are still at large, plummeting of the local currency, etc. 

So, are we still celebrating the 58th Independence Day today? 

The power is in the hands of the people, not the leaders. I can't wait for the day my lovely country is truly INDEPENDENT.




No comments:

My Traveled Map

You will also like these posts!