Saturday, December 21, 2013

One Night Stay - DoubleTree by Hilton, KL

Inspired by a friend, I decided to use my Hilton Honors points in exchange for a night in DoubleTree by Hilton, KL because Babe went to Singapore for a relative's wedding and didn't want to bring me along. So I say, so be it! I can just chill the same way with my girlies too.

The plan turned out to be somewhat fruitful for me because 1) I got lost in KL but managed to find my way and 2) I don't have to be alone during the weekend! :)

Situated in the heart of KL, DoubleTree is one of the hotels in the Hilton group that is supposedly catered for the business people (coughs, I got my points from my business trip anyway), unlike Hilton KL or PJ.
Upon my arrival, I was served with their signature chocolate chip cookie which was warm and just nice for the tummy which hasn't gotten any breakfast like mine!

Since I was the first to reach among the girls, I decided to snap photos to share on the blog:


See through bathroom, there's a blind which you can scroll down for privacy.
This was my first time in a hotel room with see-through bathroom. Initially, I didn't notice that we can actually use the blind to block the view of the bathroom from the bed and went about to tell the girls that we are gonna have a hard time showering! How jakun of me! *facepalm*


I love their ergonomic desk chair but totally hate that the mirror was so high!


Another view of the twin bed guest room.



I ordered their mushroom risotto with truffle oil for my very late brunch because I was really too tired to go around searching for food in the city and didn't wanna risk the chance of getting lost again.

Also, what's not to love on anything mushroom and rice! It was really good and the price is even cheaper than the risotto you get in Alexis! Beat that!



Oh and after my stupid ignorance of Peter Thomas Roth in Hilton Paddington, I vouched to not repeat the mistake again and to my surprise, DoubleTree provides all Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries! *quickly grabs all and asked for more from the janitor for the girls*


Also, the hotel is attached to The Intermark, which is a part retail and office property that makes it easier for lazy people like me to find food and shop at the same time if I want.
But personally, I don't like the idea of having a hotel attached to a mall because it somehow doesn't feel as exclusive for a brand like Hilton.

Guest lobby.

And did I mention I was also given a glass of wine for free, compliments from the hotel? ;)

That's all for now, been too busy at work even during the year end to update the blog. :(


xoxo,


No comments:

My Traveled Map

You will also like these posts!