Sunday, November 18, 2012

(Part of) Australia, Conquered!

Australia is beyond AMAZING.
I might sound exaggerating, but the moment I stepped out from the Tullamarine Airport in Melbourne, I told Babe this: "Now I know why people in cold countries take awesome photographs. The sun seems to shine brighter here (Melbourne)!" and I wasn't even kidding.
It was my first time experiencing spring/summer and I was really happy it was in Aussie.

Anyway, due to limited budget, we only managed to spend a total of 5-6 days Down Under; 3 days in Melbourne, 2 in Gold Coast and a day (or maybe less) in Sydney. I know right.
So I'm only gonna talk about Melbourne in this post!

In Melbourne, we stayed at Punthill Flinders Lane Serviced Apartment. The place is nice and cosy, just like how I would expect of a serviced apartment.


The lobby.

Part of the room.

When we arrived, the temperature was about 16-18 degree C so everyone came out to soak in the sun!
We wasted no time and headed straight to the streets to see what Melbourne has to offer even though Babe has been here for a couple of times.
My 2nd impression of Melbourne after the sunshine was how Asianised the place is. You can practically see Asians at every corner and lucky me, I think I blend in very well there except that I don't speak the accent. :P





Love soaking in the sun with such cool weather!


Snapping while exploring the city.

Oh did I mention I packed for this trip like an hour before I left the house to the airport? Most of my clothes were suitable for fall then it dawned upon me that I have mostly dull colored clothes.. :S

Got paparazi-ed.

Totally loved how the peeps just sit and enjoy the sun. Something which nobody does in Malaysia!


Melbs having brekky.


They have carriages in Melbourne. @.@ Not sure if it's for special occasion.

The iconic tram in Melbourne!


Had a short trip to Melbourne Uni. The view and the buildings are just breathtaking.



For lunch, we walked to Lygon St. where there were lots of Italian & Spanish food. Babe and I decided to have our lunch at Cafe Notturno which serves Italian.


The interior of the cafe.



Seafood combo for him. Doesn't seem to excited about it though. :-/


Me, on the other hand, was excited on almost everything I saw there. That was a mushroom risotto by the way.

After lunch (which was about 4pm for us :S), we decided to head to the tallest building in Melbourne, Eureka Tower, to have a 360degree view of the city and of course, the sunset too from the 88th floor of the tower.


Us with the Eureka Tower behind.




Spent some time lurking around while waiting for the sun to set which was about 8.30pm due to daylight savings. :S


Eureka Skydeck entrance.


Breathtaking view of the city behind us!

We didn't go to the Edge where you get into a glass cube and experience how it feels like to have the world underneath you with just a glass apart. But we did walk out to the balcony with really strong winds, which explains the below:

It was freakingggg coldddddddddd.


See the shadow right at the centre of the photo? That's how tall the Eureka Tower is in comparison with other buildings in Melbourne.





Fooling around while waiting for the sun to set.


Amazing view, isn't it?


The long awaited sunset!

Dinner was fantastic because we had great company! We met up with Tracy, whom I have known for almost 2 decades and Hun Lin over dinner at a Vietnamese restaurant. Totally understand why she loves working in Melbourne! I would too if I were her. :D Like, what's there not to love about Melbourne??


Great catching up with you guys! Thanks for the dinner too! :)

Babe and I went to chill at Federation Square after dinner, just to take in more of the city before our time ran out.

Federation Square which has free public wifi. Awesomeness.


Flinders Street Station. Even a train station can look so awesome. I am speechless.


I call us the Mat Rempit couple. I had the idea of wearing the leather jacket first. :-X


That's it for our first day in Melbourne! Day 2 was even more awesome with lots of animals involved! :D



xoxo,

2 comments:

adrienne said...

I think it's a short trip - but definitely worth it! Drop by Adelaide for a more laid back holiday - I need an excuse to check out more of my uni (lots of renovations since I left), wineries, beer breweries etc. 2 extra rooms in my place!

xx

Kokd said...

Hope you had a great time bb!

My Traveled Map

You will also like these posts!