Monday, June 18, 2012

Some Lovin' Goodness Back Home!

My life has been pretty smooth lately.
Of course there are unavoidable glitches here and there, but when you look at them on another side, you'll see that life is actually pretty beautiful.
So as cliché as it may sound, be grateful!
Good days don't come too often now, do they?

Anyway, on the 1st weekend of June, I decided to drag Babe back to Penang because he hasn't been back for the longest time (business trip back to hometown is NOT going back to hometown if ya' know what I mean) and it was my dad's birthday!
Okay, maybe the latter is the main reason why I wanted to go back. :P

We woke up so early in the morning only to be stuck on the highway around Ipoh, no thanks to an accident.
Babe said he saw a dead cat on the fast lane and that it might have flung out during the accident.
Poor cat. :'( Always be safe on the road, peeps. In fact, be safe everywhere you go!
Crime rate in Malaysia has NOT gone down unlike what some big shots recently mentioned in the newspapers.
How ignorant some people can be. Big shame to you, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

Back to the topic, I was bored throughout the whole journey and decided to fiddle with my Lumix.
Hence, the random shots below. 


Love macro shots!



The tunnel along the north-south highway which indicates that home is near!



Expressive mode. Chopped off the hair already! :D


Retro mode. My favourite handbag. No, that is not an engagement ring or whatsoever. It's just...a ring worn on the ring finger because I like it that way. :P

Finally we reached Penang at about 10.30am after being on the highway for 4 hours or so.
We were hungry like mad so we went to Genting coffeeshop at Island Glades to grab some hawker food as breakfast!


Chee cheong fun. Is it still the same owner?


2 herbal tea, a plate of chee cheong fun, popiah and char koay teow. Total damage? A freaking RM10.50! You can't get this anywhere else I tell ya!!!

Om nom nom.


Char koay teow!! Crap, my tummy just groaned.

At night, we drove all the way to Butterworth to meet up with my Ah Kong (grandpa) and had dinner in conjunction with Father's Day.


Happy Father's Day!! :D

Be back soon!


xoxo,

No comments:

My Traveled Map

You will also like these posts!