Sunday, June 10, 2012

(Almost) Out With The Floral, In With The Neon!

It's summer time! Well, in the Northern Hemisphere that is.
Although in Malaysia we only have summer all year long since it's on the equator (5 degrees to the north to be precise), people here tend to follow the seasons in the Northern Hemisphere instead of those of Southern Hemisphere.
Reason? To me is because Christmas season is typically perceived as being cold and full of snow.
Hence, summer is here to stay in June!

I've been doing quite a lot of magazines flipping and fashion blog hopping to see what the latest summer trends are.
I must admit, as much I love to look at those clothes in the magazines and blogs, I seldom have the heart to pursue them.
I'd probably wait until I get my own walk-in wardobe before I can manage to do that or else someone's gonna kick me out of the house. :X

Anyway, I know it's very rare for me to blog about fashion but being a girl who likes to dress up, I just feel like sharing these few pieces which I thought are really summer-y!


#1 Jessica Alba spotted in bright colored outfit - pink blazer and bright blue jeans

Source: yournextjacket.com

Suddenly I'm subscribing to Jessica Alba on Facebook and Instagram which is the reason why she tops this post.
I've seen a similar blazer in MNG but only available in beige and the bright colored jeans can be obtained practically everywhere now!
Love the scallop detail on her top btw!
Such an inspiration for my summer holiday although the Prada bag will have to wait. :-/



#2 IULIAL - Off white jeans and bubblegum t-shirt with light blue sneakers

Source: chictopia.com

I've been secretly in love with floral leggings, cropped top and Oxford shoes for quite some time now but somehow I never got around to owning any except for the cropped top.
I know my title says out with the floral but I guess spring has not entirely left us yet so I suppose a lil' floral won't do any harm, right?
Oh and that envelope bag I've been eyeing on...



#3 Mulberry Alexa bags
Source: mulberryhandbags-uk.info

*hyperventilates*
If I have these babies, my life is complete (for now).
It doesn't have to be Mulberry (duh, who am I kidding, like I can afford one now~), as long as it looks like Mulberry inspired, I'm happy!

Anyway, all those I've posted are of personal preference and I'm not a fashionista...just someone who likes to dress up and see pretty things in life.
I don't guarantee the accuracy of the trends though!

Last but not least..........

Summer is the season to play with colors! Unleash those colors in you before it's too late!



xoxo,


No comments:

My Traveled Map

You will also like these posts!