Monday, April 30, 2012

My Skin Care Regime

Okay...from the title itself I bet you would know what I'm gonna be sharing about!
I just thought of sharing this because I am someone who is very religious when it comes to putting stuff on my skin especially on the face.
I'm always willing to splurge on skin care products than cosmetics because I always believe in having a good skin that doesn't need to pile on tonnes of make up to make one feel good!

Anyhow here's my daily skin care routine (in chronological order) and how I feel about the products after using them for months/years:

1) Cleanser - Hada Labo Tamagohada AHA+BHA Face Wash/ Olay White Radiance Cream Cleanser

Credit: makeupkismet.blogspot.com

To be honest, I usually don't give two hoots about cleanser because what cleanser does is to only wash off the impurities (oh wow I haven't used that word since uni ended!) on your skin and you rinse it like 2 secs after putting it on your face.
I mean, of course a thorough cleansing is of top priority but most cleanser can clean your face also what!
So, I won't splurge on facial cleanser but I normally switch between these two cleansers.

Reason being, the Hada Labo one feels very delicate on my skin. It cleanses well but it doesn't really that give you that wow factor after cleansing. Sometimes when I think of it, I probably succumb to buying this because of its brand.

Credit: Amazon.com

As for the Olay, I can really see how my face becomes brighter and more radiant after using it. Probably because it has brightening beads that give you the scrubbing effect which also makes it less delicate as compared to Hada Labo's and it's cheaper, too!



2) Toner - Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion




This I gotta admit. I DON'T LIKE IT. Well, perhaps I should say I'm not that fond of it because to me, a toner is supposed to prep your skin for the following steps (eg: serum, moisturizer, etc).
The tagline says "One drop locks the ocean" could be true but I don't like the sticky feeling when it is applied on my face and I don't like for the fact that I need to use my palm to apply the toner instead of a cotton pad (read: unhygienic!!).

And I used it until the last drop which also means a bottle of 140ml actually lasted for more than a year (I apply twice a day)! And I thought I have a big face. :S


3) Serum - Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus




This is my most expensive skin care product of all! It cost me RM210 (extra RM10 because the Clinique salesperson say Clinique review their product price every year) and I had a hard time deciding if I should purchase it but eventually I did (obviously) after the new year which explains why I know about the pricing.



The texture feels a little sticky but the good thing about this product is that it can be applied on the eye area as well! This also means you can save your money on eye cream/serum!

But then again, I am not fully sold by the product because I don't see a major difference on my facial skin after using it. It is supposed to be a wrinkle and photo damage corrector yet I still see my wrinkles!
However, there are some days which I feel that my skin glows (not sure if it's due to hormones) and there are no major breakouts on my face so far (except for last week when I had major stress at work after my Koh Samui trip :-/ )

One 30ml bottle can last me up to 4 months....I'm about to finish it so I'm considering if I should repurchase.

4) Moisturizer - Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion


I bought this out of curiosity after reading a blogger raves about how she (the blogger) becomes a Clinique convert after using the products.
The dangerous thing about this moisturizer is that if you apply too much, your face will become oily while if you apply too little, it's obviously not enough! So, moderate it is.
My verdict: I like it! I like how it feels on my skin after applying it. My skin doesn't feel dry as compared to my previous moisturizer (Olay Total Effect) and it feels just nice to go out naked (no, not naked as in not clothed, but naked as in without make up but only sunblock).


5) Sunblock - Clinique City Block Sheer with SPF25

Credit: wonderfulwortelworld.wordpress.com

I was never a sunblock user despite being very active in co-curricular activities back in school.
Heck, in fact when I was lazing in uni, I don't even know much about sunblock!
Now that explain why I have pigmentation and freckles on my upper cheeks! :(

After I started working, as I was exposed to more knowledge about skincare, I realized no matter what I do now, it's too late to get rid of those freckles. But what I can do now is to prevent it from worsening!
So I've been applying this particular sunblock everyday without fail and so far, it has given me positive results.
Reason why I bought this sunblock is because it is recommended by a friend and she has better skin than mine!


6) Night Moisturizer - Clinique Moisture Surge




I didn't buy this. It was given free by the Clinique salesperson after I bought the Repairwear Laser Focus.
But I really really am in love with it!
I apply it after my moisturizer in (4) every night before I sleep.
The texture is such love simply because it's very light and after applying on my skin, I can feel my face becomes very smooth almost immediately!
Before this, I don't see the reason to apply night cream/moisturizer but I came to realize that your skin starts repairing when you're asleep.
So being a skincare junkie, I think this helps a lot! :)

This is how my skin looks like when I have good skin day! :D Those eyebags are made worse by the shadow... :P

That's pretty much about my daily skin care regime...not sure if sunblock can be categorized as one because I see sunblock as half cosmetic :P
Anyhow, just to clarify, I'm not sharing this because I wanna boast about my skin (which is not very good but it's not bad either) or the skincare products I use but I'm doing it because I am obsessed over skin care products.
And I wanna make sure I remember what I used in my younger days should my daughter ask me about it in the future HAHAHAHAH.



xoxo,

No comments:

My Traveled Map

You will also like these posts!