Friday, October 28, 2011

Of Farewells, Friends & Acquaintances

I consider myself as one of those lucky ones who is constantly surrounded by great friends, which explains why I always feel the ultimate guilt whenever I have to turn down my friends' offer to any event/occasion.

Unless of course if I really can't avoid that something and it gives me no choice but to decline the offer.


Credits to Hsien Ming for the pic.

You know what they say, you never know what you've got till it's gone.
True enough, after leaving uni, I hardly see or meet up with any of my uni mates until now because I've taken this path I'm on right now.

Anyway, before I get all teary eyed, I'm gonna talk about the farewells  my friends did for me before I left my little island.

#1 Farewell lunch with former colleagues

I have never really mentioned about my previous job as a product engineer for 4 months in Penang.
Partly because I felt like I wasn't able to fit in in the beginning of my job but eventually it got better towards the end (maybe that's why it got better wtf).

Another is because my direct superior is my now cousin brother-in-law wtf.
Just in case if you're wondering, I went through all the interview stages just like everyone else and I thought I did pretty well lah. Not because he helped me (or that's what I'd like to believe wtf wtf) <--- non-stop cursing because when I think of it, damn, I could have been helped!

Anyway, as one of the (probably) thousands of engineers in Penang, my job scope wasn't that much different of a process engineer, an R&D engineer and many others.
So it's pretty safe to say that my workload is basically similar to other engineers. 
The only thing that makes the difference is the background of the people I work with.
If you have almost the same schooling background as I did, you'll probably understand what I mean by 'background'.
'Nuff said.

So anyway, on the last few days of my service, my awesome colleagues decided to throw me a simple and somewhat conventional farewell: FREE LUNCH!!
Oh, how can I ever say no to FOOD! More pleaseeeeeeee! :D


One of the best colleagues anyone could ask for.

Another colleague. *coughs


My another colleague (Okay, this is getting boring isn't it).


The other twin (I'm just kidding - inside joke)!

I had another 2 free farewell lunch with my lunchmates and man, I MISS MY LUNCHMATES!!!
They're no doubt the bestest people in the company I've come across and I miss them to bits!!


#2 Farewell outing with uni mates

4 years of uni. And some only had gone through uni for 3 years.
The only thing I can complain about throughout my entire uni life is about my lecturers and the one and only thing I loveeeeeee most about university is my AWESOME AWESOME FRIENDS!!
These are the type of friends who came from different backgrounds, while we had our fair share of disagreements and etc, we still manage to stay together and laugh it off at the end of the day.
Truth be told, without them, I'm close to nothing.

I treasure them a lot because they make me feel like I'm there for a reason.
They let me know what friendship is and I'm just so glad I found them.

Less words, more pics!

So a few of my uni friends decided to throw me a farewell outing (sounds weird, but it's not a party wor) at Overtime, Gurney!
It was my first time there and as you would have guessed it, I had a ball!

Hugs Starker!! No, I wasn't drunk...I was.......HAPPY! :P

Awesome uni mates (the cute ang moh is a random dude who photobombed us!!)!
Sigh.
When I look back at the pics, I realised how much I missed being around them. :(
And several others who didn't make it to the farewell.


#3 Farewell dinner with high school awesome high school mates

Okay...my apologies if this post is getting boring but farewells don't come very often do they (actually I was very tempted to say free meals wtf)?!
The penultimate farewell I had was with 2 of my AWESOMEST high school friends: Eve and CY!!
If you read my blog long enough, you would have known these are the 2 friends who constantly appear on my blog!
They are the ones whom I (sometimes) spilt secrets to but hey, no worries, they are reall good secret keepers! Haha.
These 2 people are whom I don't have to keep my manners whenever they around because I lost all my manners when I'm with them (geddit geddit)!
 
Anyway, for someone who loves good food (okay, who doesn't love good food right), I definitely can't say no to this: International Buffet at Rasa Sayang Hotel when they told me that's where they'll be holding my farewell at!

See what I mean?? Camwhoring non-stop at the hotel lobby...where are our manners?! Yup, I have my ugly moments, too!

Well, with such awesome dinner, I can't resist but to share some food pics with you all!










Okay, wrong move to post photos of food at this time (it's midnight but I just can't help but to finish up the post).
Nonetheless, you mess with them, you are messing with me yo.


Last but not least................

#4 Farewell sponsored by Johnnie Walker

Hahahah. I don't think that's a farewell but I'd like to think of it that way because hey, the skies dropped me 4 VIP passes out of nowhere and I'm not even kidding!
And coincidentally, it was held at the end of August which was my last month in Penang!

And I seldom say no to parties unless I have no great friends to go with!
Read here if you missed it!


So, THANK YOU EVERYONE! Without anyone of you, I wouldn't be where I am now and let us all cheers for a better future!
And yes, I miss all of you badly. :(((


That will be it for tonight!!


xoxo,


No comments:

My Traveled Map

You will also like these posts!