Wednesday, January 26, 2011

VIP For A Night!


Since I have my dinner photos in my dying lappie, I decided to blog about it to lure you guys back to reading my blog! Haha...erm nevermind.
So last Friday, it was the seniors' turn to sit back and relax while enjoying everything that the 3rd Years had installed for us!

The dinner was held at Cititel Penang and we were supposed to reach there by 6.30pm..
But girls being girls, my friend and I reached there at 7.00pm only to find out that we were quite late and everybody else (except the seniors) had gone into the hall!


Our arm sticker! Whatever you call that.
I kinda liked the idea because it made us feel very...special. :)


Nevertheless, before we got into the dinner hall, my friends and I managed to get our photos snapped and guess what!
The photo below won us the Best Pose Award and nevermind the prize...haha.


A line-up of beautiful girls for your eyes only!


Oh I forgot to mention that the theme of the night was "Walk of Fame".
So when the seniors were ushered into the hall, everyone stood up and applaud us while we strutted down the hall on the red carpet like real VIPs!

Although I'm not quite sure why they had to clap their hands..kinda feel awkward. Haha.
I guess it's to suit the theme..

After that, photos snapping as usual between performances!


My girls!




My dailou and I.
We were both nominated for the Prom King & Queen but sadly I didn't win!


Of course being nominees for such awards require us to answer some questions.
The question which I got was, "Which body part am I most satisfied with?"
Without much thought and hesitation (I do that a lot when I'm nervous, yeah I practically stop thinking when I'm nervous), I said, "My butt".
Reason? Because it's FIRM.
Hey, I wasn't kidding ok! I'm really proud of my butt but too bad only I can be the judge on how true that is. Hahaha.


Anyway, being the previous school flower (for those who don't understand, it's called Xi Hua in Chinese..that's all I can explain to you for now), I was invited to present a new award they came up with this year: The Prince & Princess Award.
So what I had to do was to go up the stage with the junior school grass (haha sounds a tad funny) or Xi Chao and of course, going up to the stage was nothing for me.



That's me right there looking at the winners for Prince & Princess awards.


But to go up to the stage and deliver my speech in MANDARIN was definitely killing me.
As expected, I screwed up a little bit but I'm glad my mistake entertained everyone. Boohoo. Hahah.


After my "butt" answer, a lot of people started teasing me about it, jokingly, of course.
I don't mind because at least now my butt gets more attention. HAHAHHAHA.


This picture was supposed to compare our butts but it was taken a lil too high up hee.



My pretty adik! It's a system USM has.




From freshman to senior! A complete "family"! Makes me kinda feel old..



With Serena, the Queen!


And more photos!










My year's Xi Chao and yours truly!




Georgians of the night! :)



This is a bunch of awesome friends whom I worked with for an event last year!
You guys rock! :)




Finally a picture of me with the backdrop which was supposed to resemble the one in Hollywood where celebrities stop and pose for the paparazzis before entering the hall etc.




The last pic of the night!
I personally love this pic because it looks different from the rest. Haha. :P


Anyway, among all the 4 Materials Night which I've attended throughout my uni life, I'd say this is the BEST (no thus far because it's my last :( ) because they involved all the students from all the years.

I remember when I was in 1st and 2nd year, all I did was sitting down at the dinner table and eat while enjoying the performances and snapped pictures here and there.
Not that I didn't enjoy myself for the past years but this year, the juniors really did a great job!
Their performances were really lengthy (and not boring fyi) and I bet the VIPs (hehe) did enjoy themselves!

Thank you for the great time! :) I had fun!

ps: Did I mention I did my own hair?? But too bad the curls couldn't last long and went out of shapes right after I reached the hotel!!!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wooo. sexy! Ur shoes dont match!

CL said...

haha yeah I kinda had that shoe dilemma before the dinner. but i did some homework and lots say that it's alright to pair like that! :D

My Traveled Map

You will also like these posts!