Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Are You Moist Enough?



As most of us know, the largest organ in a human is the skin and obviously the skin functions as the protective barrier from pathogens and the sorts.

It's undeniable that the 3S (smooth, supple and soft skin) is what women want and what men look for in a woman other than the typical physics.
And the secret in achieving that is to be able to lock in moisture in our skin for as long as possible to prevent cracked and dry skin.




Nowadays, we have a lot of brands in the market selling moisturizing cream, body and skin lotion etc. and we can't deny that the brand Vaseline definitely pops up in our heads whenever we think of such category.




In fact, Vaseline needs no introduction as it has been a famous household brand for so long now.
When we talk about Vaseline, the first thing that comes to most people's mind would be:

skin + moisturizing = moisturized skin.

Vaseline has recently launched a campaign known as Amazing Skin which "seeks to empower women to love and appreciate their skin, not just the face but the entire body by giving it the care and nourishment it deserves."

The new range includes:



Total Moisture
Healthy White
Aloe Cool & Fresh

Intensive Rescue



Knowing that its latest range is able to give our skin 10X more moisturization will definitely make all girls jump for joy! Well, I sure did! :)



So, in the spirit of celebrating skin and moisture (as quoted by Nuffnang), I have teamed up with kokd to show you girls what would happen if we have cracked and dry skin when we're out on a date!





*Sigh, super fail as Bollywood dancers. :S

As a Vaseline user myself, other than the typical applications (on our hands, legs and body), I also use Vaseline to:

1) moisturize my chapped lips (which occurs EVERYDAY sadly)

2) heal my cracked heels (occurring everyday too for the past 2 weeks since my holiday started)

3) lengthen my eyelashes naturally!

YES! You read that right!! We know that Vaseline (petroleum jelly) contains lipocils that can make hair grow!!






I'm the happiest girl on earth now because my eyelashes have grown longer!
Although not very obvious but no harm trying, right?

Don't believe me? Have a look at this:

Before and After pictures of my lower lashes.
The left picture is obviously larger because I tried hundreds of time but still can't get the exact position for the after picture..sheesh.
And I took both at different lighting conditions.


I'm not sure if you can see the difference, but I used to have this "bald spot" on my lower lashes.
I think it's because I accidentally pluck it while trying to wash off the mascara and it never grew any lash since.

But I saw it somewhere online that applying Vaseline actually helps to make lashes grow so I thought why not give it a try since I have it at home and tadaaa!
After using it religiously for a week, this is the result I got!

Although it's not proven scientifically but you don't have to take my word for it, just try it for yourself!

A bottle of Vaseline (120ml) only costs you RM3.90! It's a steal! (That's what I last saw in Guardian and Watsons)
Where else can you find a body lotion that actually works at such a low price!

GO GIVE IT A TRY!


xoxo,









5 comments:

-Denise- said...

rofl!! awesome video ;) all the best ya~ who are u going with? since kk wont be ard?

CL said...

haha! Thanks, Denise! I'll probably be going with a friend.. :) Sigh..I miss you d. :(

cheng ling said...

Does Vaseline work okay on chapped lips? I have them too:( Been wanting to overcome it for once and for all.

MsXeRoZ Nicole said...

hello Chia Li,
wow so we'll all be meeting for Vaseline Party eh?

kekeke..

CL said...

Cheng Ling: It works for me! :) but i feel that chapped lips will always come back if we don't take care of our lips. or in my case, i like to peel... :P

Nicole: Haha! Hope so! But not sure if I'll get chosen or not.. :) But i'd love to see u again!! :) miss ur wackiness!

My Traveled Map

You will also like these posts!