Monday, July 12, 2010

My Takes On World Cup 2010 Final

So here's the conclusion I've come up with for last night's match after the World Cup ended:

1) famous finals referees are bald.

I'm sure many of you remember who Pierluigi Collina is, especially during the 2006 World Cup final.

If you don't, let me remind you:




And then, for 2010 World Cup final, we had Howard Webb, hailing from England.



I prefer the latter though. :P I like how he did the hand signals and all, very stiff and strict.
And I especially love it when he flashed the yellow card to Robben. *laughs out loud

I've seen how the referees react whenever there's a ball rolling pass in front of them and I've always wondered if they could have had the slightest intention of kicking it away. That'd be funny.

Imagine if the referee kicks the ball to Netherlands' player and bam! He's being bribed.



2) with the percentage of ball possession Spain had, they could have scored at least one goal before the 2nd half ended.

I wasn't rooting for Spain or Netherlands, but if you'd noticed, the ball was always on the side of the field where there were so many possibilities for the Spaniards to score.
Rather disappointed with both teams' performances though.

And fml, I went to sleep after the 2nd half because I'm too dumb to know that there's another extra time..ahh pls, don't even start asking me who would be the winner if there's no extra time.
ARGHHHH.


3) Iker Casillas has suddenly become my favorite goalkeeper for the entire World Cup 2010.



I love how he saved the possible goals by the Dutch last night. Awesomeeeeeeeeeeeee!!
Especially this one:



Robben must be disappointed like hell because Iker Casila's right leg was magical. hhahahah.

That's why he is simply awesome!

I have nothing against Netherlands, I just have a lot of things against Robben somehow.
I really don't know what it is...just don't like him la.

That's pretty much what I've seen and remembered from last night's match.

Will be back with updates from KL!
Toodles for now!


xoxo,

3 comments:

Augustine said...

"And fml, I went to sleep after the 2nd half because I'm too dumb to know that there's another extra time..ahh pls, don't even start asking me who would be the winner if there's no extra time.
ARGHHHH."

LMAO !!!!!!!
btw casillas is a top class goal keeper really..and vr entao haha..
rubben...good but not really a team player ;)

ken said...

robben wasted good chances =/

CL said...

Aug: Haha somehow Robben just gives me a very bad impression towards him..

ken: yup he did but Casillas was awesome!

My Traveled Map

You will also like these posts!