Sunday, November 22, 2009

I Miss Dancing.

It's been two days since my holidays started.
I've always looked forward to holidays because I have exactly in my mind what I want to do before and during my vacation.
And then, something unforeseen happened.
But like I said, I believe everything happens for a reason.
Always look on the bright side of things.

Right now, I'm just locking myself in my house, trying to choreograph a dance for my upcoming dinner.
Problem is I don't think I have enough female volunteers.
The last time I danced in a group was when I was in Form 6, dancing a traditional Chinese dance which I never got to see the video till now. :(
Oh wait, wrong! The last time I danced was in 2007 during the Xiao Hua Xiao Chao event. Kinda...erm. Nvm.

If you wonder where my interest in dancing came from, I can honestly tell you it was because of my involvement in guiding since Form 1.
Joining girl guides was one of the few best choices I've ever made in my life.
From girl guides, I learned to make new friends, sing and dance, be independent etc.
Guiding has indeed changed my life and because of guiding, I found my man. :)

If you're a former girl guide (active one), you'll surely remember the annual gatherings and combined camps that were usually held in various schools and camp sites.
Back then, there was a small bunch of us who were really active in guiding and always strove our best to make every gathering and camp a successful one.
That was when I realized dancing has become an important part of my life.

It started seriously when a senior of mine, Melisa, selected a few of us and choreographed the best dance moves ever in the history of SGGS.
We danced in a group, regardless of background differences and age.
It was one of the best moments in my life having to dance with a bunch of good friends.
Especially when you see everyone was so synchronized and you're part of something like that, the feeling was just indescribable!
At that time, around 7 or 8 years ago, the songs we usually danced to were from Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera and singers of that sort.
So, you probably get the idea of what kind of dance we grooved to. Haha.


Christina Aguilera before & after.
Sometimes I wished she didn't curl her hair like Marilyn Monroe. =.=



Same goes to Britney Spears. The bald thingy. What happened to these women??
I used to love them so much! :(


But now, I'm not sure how's the standard of guiding back in my high school.
Probably has dropped till none. :(
Up to 2 or 3 years after my batch, the guides were still pretty active, only that the number has subsided.
Parents nowadays are afraid of their kids getting burnt under the sun and kids now are very lazy, as in lazy to write all those thick logbooks which a girl guide has to complete before passing the test and all.
It was all part of the routine and guiding was supposedly meant to discipline the students as well.
That is if you don't misinterpret it.

I missed dancing in SGGS. To the dancers (you know who you are), I missed you all!!!
How I wished we could turn back time. :(
Now let's just hope my dance will turn out well cos if not, I'll probably head to some clubs and dance my ass off there. HAHAhAHA.
Kidding. I'm not that desperate.

xoxo,
CL

1 comment:

kenwooi said...

well.. girl celebrities changed a lot.. no doubt.. even miley cyrus is changing too... dang.. cant they be a good and sweet girl like when they started? hmm.. =)

kenwooi.com

My Traveled Map

You will also like these posts!